[Mayan EDMS: 1226] Removing Views from Mayan

[Mayan EDMS: 1226] Removing Views from Mayan

Rachael Sewell
Hello,

I'm looking for the best way to customize/remove some views in Mayan. Currently, we won't need:

Trash (deleting documents)
Folders
Checkouts
Signatures

I'm able to comment out adding menu items to the menu_main and menu_facet, and menu_object in apps.py to customize what I see, but I'm not sure that this is the right place to remove the view.

What I'd like to do is customize the navigation bar to include:
* A logout button drop-down from the User button on the right
* A create document link
* Recent Documents

Then I would remove those duplicate items from the home page area.

Ideally, I'd like to add a button to display My Workflow and My Documents to the navigation bar.

Any pointers to the right place to do this to allow compatibility with Mayan would be great.

Rachael

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1227] Removing Views from Mayan

To customize the navigation create a bare-bones app. In the ready() method unbind the links of the other apps.

        from common import menu_main, menu_front_page
        from folders.links import link_folder_list

        # Remove "Folders" link from main menu
        menu_main.unbind_links(
            links=(link_folder_list,),
        )

        # Remove Trash link from home page
        from documents.links import link_document_list_deleted
        menu_front_page.unbind_links(
            links=(
                link_document_list_deleted,
            )
        )

        # Add "New document" to main menu
        from sources.links import link_document_create_multiple
        menu_main.bind_links(
            links=(link_document_create_multiple,),
        )

The logic to bind a link to a menu is

menu_instance.bind_link(
links=<link instances list>,
source=<which classes of object or which views>
)

Values of Source:
  • If source is omitted the link will always be enabled (such as in the main menu).
  • Specifying a class will only enable the link is an instance of that class is present in the rendered view context.
  • Specifying a string as the source will enable the link for a specific view.

The logic to unbind a link is the same, only using the 'unbind' method.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Rachael Sewell <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 1230] Re: Removing Views from Mayan

Rachael Sewell
Hi Roberto,

I noticed that some of the links will be removed but not all of the ones that I unbind. I created a new app navigation_customize and added it to my installed apps and then called the unbind_link() method. I noticed that some of the links would be removed and that depended on where in the list of installed apps, that I added navigation_customize. Is there an order of operations issue here? I ended up just removing several apps from the project to remove all of the unnecessary views:

Checkouts
Folders
Signatures

Rachael

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 4:18:43 PM UTC-8, Rachael Sewell wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 2145] Re: Removing Views from Mayan

Diego R.
This post is exaclty what i'm looking for. There is a guide somewhere to help me create a "bare bones app", unbind the menus and all the stuff talked about here? I just want a very simple Document Archive with a search function and ACL. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Em sexta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2016 19:01:18 UTC-3, Roberto Rosario escreveu:
That is an unexpected behavior. The unbind method stores unbinded links in their own list (<a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/navigation/classes.py#L192" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fmayan%2Fapps%2Fnavigation%2Fclasses.py%23L192\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE_welJF8fC4Pwccl8RgqZb5gjQrw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fmayan%2Fapps%2Fnavigation%2Fclasses.py%23L192\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE_welJF8fC4Pwccl8RgqZb5gjQrw&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/navigation/classes.py#L192) this way they can be removed from the resolved links list even if they are unbinded before or after being created (<a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/navigation/classes.py#L173" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fmayan%2Fapps%2Fnavigation%2Fclasses.py%23L173\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFB5XNzjRRbvfUQwxLNXbwTT-_hlQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fmayan%2Fapps%2Fnavigation%2Fclasses.py%23L173\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFB5XNzjRRbvfUQwxLNXbwTT-_hlQ&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/navigation/classes.py#L173). The idea is making unbinding commutative.

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2145] Re: Removing Views from Mayan

Rachael Sewell
Hi Diego,

Unfortunately, i won't be much help. I want able to get all the features I needed to work in Mayan. There were some limitations which prevented me from making all the modifications I needed. I ended up using a different open source project called seeddms. I ended up forking it from sourceforge and modifying it heavily on github.

Github.com/rachmari/seeddms
Github.com/rachmari/seedbox

Rachael

All the best,